Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Venturing Out of the Basement

One of my intentions for 2015 is to bring my art work out of the basement, and I took another big step in that direction yesterday.  My former neighbor and friend  Annette Russo invited me to speak to her 3D design class at Millkin about my artist books. 





 
That was super fun:  since I had just taken all my books out and piled them on the floor (as part of the kitchen reno project which apparently involves moving everything I own), I was able to make a selection which included both small editions and one of a kind collage books (which I think of as my main work in book arts). 

I have a number of Annette's ceramic pieces, and especially love her hilarious animal series.  A very  Wabi-sabi aesthetic!

Annette also invited me to be show some of the books I brought at a show in May!!!  Pretty great start to the year, and a whole new door opening up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment