Sunday, January 18, 2015

 
 


Processing the Past:  A Blog about making art and mining (cataloguing!) the past to create the future:  a simplified and happy life for my next chapter. 

 

It's taken me a long time to get to this point, but I am finally ready to begin.  New year, soon to be birthday, new chapter of my life (recent retirement).  To really be able to move forward and to take advantage of this freedom and health, I need to deal with the past.  Take inspiration from my own work and use it to make new work;  deal with all the clutter (physical and emotional) from the past, and recycle/reuse things from that past to create new things.  Let's go!


 

 Here are three pieces completed after a wonderful workshop with Jane Davies in early December.  (In a snowstorm, in Vermont, with dear dear artist friends.)  The challenge was to make a 100% busy piece, and then quiet it down.  These pieces are titled Processing the Past and are the inspiration for this blog!


No comments:

Post a Comment