Tuesday, January 27, 2015

On the Design Wall

The long put off Kitchen Reno project has begun, and my immediate reaction has been horror about the disruption!  Which is super minimal at the moment, but does involve starting the wiring which means lots of dust in my basement art studio. EEK!  However, this made me take down the many pieces in process on my design walls.  There is still a lot up (pieces I am trying to get ready to post for a class with Jane Davies).

I am reminded that I frequently talk about how disturbing I find "visual noise" and yet I have created a studio full of visual noise!  Perhaps I need to experiment with putting up a more curated selection to help me focus and not be overwhelmed by all the possibilities.....

Here are pictures after taking most of the stuff down--and you will notice that there is still a lot of stuff up:



I am lucky to have four large design walls, so being minimal in this regard will take some effort.  These are all pieces in which I challenged myself to use that shield shape in as many ways as possible.  They are mostly sketches/experiments, not finished work.

I did also see this, which is recent work based on another class exercise.  Really like this one:


10" x 11", graphite, paint and water color crayon on paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment