Thursday, May 7, 2015

At the Library

Or Out of the Basement, part 2.  Some years ago when I was doing more fiber work than I am now, I made a Christmas present for my friend Bil.  About 36" square, it was based on traditional blocks but with my own twist.  Bil really liked it and put it up in his family room.  Then this year I gave him a needlepoint pillow (that I made from an Ehrman Kit), which he also really liked.

Fast forward to this week, when he let me know that he was putting both pieces into the front display case at the library, along with another piece I loaned him for the month.   So that's super fun!


And here is the loaned piece.  It is a mostly fiber collage on felt, using old dictionary pages, cottons and silk organza with mystery writing.  The piece hangs freely on a painted stretched canvas.


I may have to go visit the case again this weekend:  its a shock to have something up!

No comments:

Post a Comment