Friday, March 20, 2015

Three 2014 Books

 

 
Here are three of the books I made last year.  The first is a weekly journal from January through June.

 
I started the first at the beginning of the year as a weekly journal to capture my intentions to create new habits.  All part of the getting ready for retirement!  It is 5" x 8" using commercial papers, photos and handmade papers, and bound with rings.

 
 
The second book was done July-October.  I was gone for over two weeks this summer to attend art classes (at Omega and at Quilting by the Lake), and when I got back there was the usual enormous pile of junk mail to deal with. I used that pile to make a small book bound as Dorothy Caldwell  had just taught us in the Human Marks class:



 
 

 In addition to junk mail, I used only scraps and collage materials from my (extensive) stash, and treated it as a bit of a journal.  I mostly documented my feelings leading up to the big retirement day (9/5/14).  Just as we had done in class, using a variety of papers --including papers which had already been painted or used to pick up excess paint--was a great start.  Pages are 4" x 5". 
 
 
The third book was done in October, and was an attempt to picture my life right now, at the beginning of the retirement journey.  Commercial papers and photographs, with a hand painted cover.  8 3/4" x 6, Cinch binding.



1 comment:

  1. WOW! This is great! Now I can check in and see what all you are up to, besides (or including) my classes. Fun. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete